Senior Python Developer
We are looking for an experienced senior Python developer to join a fast paced and exciting Fin-tech company based in Ascot, Berkshire.
Specifically, we are seeking developers with a strong foundation in Python server side development to participate in the full lifecycle of development, from the initial concept, requirements gathering, scoping and architecting through to QA and deployment to production. As a senior developer you will be expected to learn and understand current systems and how future developments should be integrated. You will be expected to mentor junior developers as well as being able to communicate with managers in the business.
You will work alongside the product team to assess business requirements and help create long term solutions that integrate with our existing systems and infrastructure. You need to be open to developing in other technologies and the wealth of knowledge you offer will help shape our solutions and direction. This requires a mature attitude to risk and a belief that testing and code quality are a collective responsibility - essential to the delivery of a successful product and not an afterthought. You will be responsible for the tasks/projects assigned to you and be capable in maintaining existing systems.
You will play a key role in guiding the technologies that play a part in the company’s future.
- Design, develop and implement applications, to meet the business requirements, from conception to completion
- Interface with product owners and gather business requirements and objectives
- Translate business requirements and objectives into technical applications and solutions
- Understand and evaluate complex data models
- Review colleagues code ensuring security code development, adherence to coding standards and consistency in development
- Preparation of development documentation and other technical information
- Mentoring of junior developers and providing development support where required
- Assist in interviewing and hiring new developers
- Organising developer events within the business
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Experienced Python developer – 5+ years
- Senior developer role – 1+ years
- Django, Flask frameworks
- REST API’s
- Databases: Postgres, Mongo
- Source control: Git
- Problem solving
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Competitive salary, discretionary bonus, pension, healthcare
- Team player
- Self motivated
- Interested in new technologies
NO RECRUITORS OR AGENCIES
If you think you have what it takes to join the Bink family, please send your application to us below clearly stating “Senior Python Developer” in your application.