We are looking for a Compliance Manager to join and thrive in a fast paced, start up environment and be integral to the market growth of Bink. The Compliance Manager will assist with the establishment and maintenance of a robust and effective compliance framework. The successful candidate will provide assurance to the General Counsel and the Executive Team in relation to Bink’s compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and industry requirements. Whilst Bink is not currently FCA regulated, we have applied for registration as an Account Information Service Provider and we are committed to adopting high standards of compliance and governance, in line with best practice in regulated institutions.
- Support the development and implementation of the Compliance Framework, including the development of the compliance manual and compliance policies and procedures.
- Support the development of business policies and procedures which are governed by the Compliance Framework, ensuring legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis.
- Ensure that compliance systems and controls are up-to-date and effective.
- Maintain the compliance manual, and all compliance procedure documentation
Regulatory Change Projects:
- Support regulatory change projects by helping to define requirements, support gap analyses, assess solutions and design controls for new and changes regulatory requirements
- Particular focus on GDPR implementation.
- Assist with developing and implementing a risk-based compliance monitoring programme, identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting all material compliance risks.
- Key responsibility for day to day monitoring and reporting of compliance risks.
- Primary responsibility for monitoring compliance with key compliance policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements to provide advice and guidance to business colleagues enabling them to implement compliant policies and procedures.
- Provide support to business projects including product development and partner relationships, to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for day to day management of employee training on compliance matters, including compliance policies and procedures, and relevant laws and regulatory requirements, promoting and enhancing a strong compliance culture.
- Assist with legal and compliance risk assessments as part of business processes ensuring that the risks are appropriately identified, assessed and escalated and make recommendations for mitigation.
- Assist with preparing regular and ad-hoc reports to regulators and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide management information on compliance and regulatory issues to General Counsel including suggested mitigating actions.
- Assist with preparing and coordinating ad-hoc reports on compliance developments as required.
- Support the General Counsel in the development and maintenance of effective and efficient interaction with regulators in relation to Bink’s regulated activity, ensuring our views are appropriately represented and facilitating the supervisory activity of regulators.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Working knowledge of financial services regulations in general, and payments regulation in particular.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the UK financial services industry.
- Experience of communicating with regulators and assisting with regulatory enquiries and inspections.
- Degree qualified, preferably in law.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills, presenting arguments in a clear and reasoned way.
- Ability to build relationships across the organisation at all levels.
- Commercial and pragmatic, capable of quickly identifying the key issues without getting lost in the detail.
- Strong analytical skills, capable of quickly interpreting complex information.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Thorough and accurate.
- Process driven, ability to establish and follow new processes.
- Committed and dependable
- Strong team player but also able to thrive when acting autonomously
- Ability to challenge constructively and enforce appropriate boundaries.
- Accountable for own decisions and actions whilst respectful of the professional responsibilities of others.
- Politically astute, self-confident demeanour and mature social skills.
This position is based in London
NO RECRUITORS OR AGENCIES
If you think you have what it takes to join the Bink family, please send your application to us below clearly stating “Compliance Manager” in your application.